Saturday, November 23, 2019

Tensions increase as indoor season approaches

The indoor season is quickly approaching and that means every athlete is doing his best to be as fast as possible. If you are new to the Slippery Rock indoor track situation let me explain. There is a limit on how many athletes can compete across all the sports at the university. This is especially relevant to us because that means we can only take runners onto the indoor roster if they have a good chance of getting points at the championship meet. The conference has a qualifying standard in each event that must be met before the meet to qualify in that event. This year hitting that standard might not be enough to get onto the team, showing the capability of scoring in the conference will more likely to determine roster spots. With this pressure looming over the team everyone is being pushed to be at there best this indoor season. With any luck it will help push the team to grow and improve as a unit and not lead to divisions and fighting among friends.

4 comments:

  1. I understand where you are coming from, dealing with the stresses of a new season starting. Some of the ways that I have dealt with the stress include; maintaining a healthy diet, if your body is out of whack then it wont help your mind. Keeping a consistent amount of sleep each night so that you are ready for the day. Always bring homework to go incase you get a free minute, it also might help take your mind off of the season. Always make time for friends, because laughter is another form of medicine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that seems like a like a lot of stress to put on an individual and team. Luckily, knowing you, I feel like if you try and stay positive and work hard you will do great. I had no idea how complicated indoor track can be until I read this. I really hope you and the rest of your teammates/friends do the best to you all abilities. Bring home a championship for Slippery Rock!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I get what you are saying, I'm on the team as well so i feel the stress. Everyone is working so they can be at their best and it is a very cool thing to see. Indoor track is challenging mentally and physically so having the right mindset is important. Good luck on your season!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everyone is working to be the best they can be and there nothing wrong with that. Competing is very rare in our society, and it great that it is challenging mentally and physically. Good luck this season.

    ReplyDelete