Tuesday, November 26, 2019
Break is not the time to take a break
Thanksgiving break is upon us and with winter break right around the corner, everyone will be spending time away from the university and away from their training partners. Most people see breaks off from school as time for relaxation and letting loose a little. While the distance team will take time off from their studies, the exact opposite has to happen with our training. Winter break is over a month long and this time could be used to make or break ones indoor season. When we get home for these breaks we must keep focus and ensure we are training, and training hard, over the whole break. Those that take short cuts this break and those that use the time off to focus will be easily recognizable come January. I for one know that I will be doing my best to limit my cookie intake, and increase my mileage over the break. While the distance team is running in the cold snow all break I hope everyone can stay warm and please send my well wishes to all of your families. HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I agree with this entirely. People tend to take one day off and then they take another day off which is a bad habit. You have to strive for greatness everyday and cannot be lazy if you want to succeed. If anything you should set goals during the break to keep you on task and then reward yourself for completing your goal. Hopefully you stay active during break and even set some of your own goals.
ReplyDeleteMe not being a runner, wishes you luck for this winter indoor track season. You should be proud of yourself for all the self motivation you got, it takes a lot of strength. I envy runners, especially people who stay running when it is cold outside. Stay warm and stay safe during break!
ReplyDeletewish you luck in winter indoor track season. I agree as well, it good to take a day off, but you do not want to become lazy.
ReplyDelete